Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In the past decade I've had a couple of blogs - some of which I was great about and some which I let die off after the first five entries. When I was told to start this one, I was wary. How many entries could someone write about living without a parent before it became tiresome and depressing? But as I wrote entries strictly for myself (and a few friends), I was told to get my words out there and maybe help other people who live in this world without a mother.

I'm a writer. I feel everything deeply, I discuss things until there are no words left. But living without my mom has never really been anything I've talked about, not really. There are stigmas attached to it and there's that terrifying feeling that you're alone. Recently, I spoke about it with some friends who also lost their mom's and was startled to realize that maybe we all feel the same way, we just don't discuss it.

So there's this...and hopefully I'll keep it up and word will spread. I'll be posting two entries that are somewhat similar to the other, just things I wrote at random over the past couple of weeks. They'll explain a little more about me than this one will. So please, pass it along and comment on your own experiences. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment